Friday, January 21, 2011

Week One


I can't figure out how to rotate this picture, but I like it so much I'm going to leave it on here anyway!
Baby Max is making being parents pretty easy.  We may have to have several more if this keeps up!  I actually had a dream that I was pregnant last night.  Wouldn't that be something?  :)  Believe me, that is not the case.  Don't get too excited yet grandmas. 


Max is eating well and sleeping well, which means Jarek and I are getting plenty of rest, too.  Jarek has been off of work for two weeks so far.  He is planning on staying home for another week or maybe two.  It is so easy with him here all the time to share diaper changes and household chores.  Max doesn't fuss too much unlesss he is in need of food or a diaper change. 

On the third night that we were home with Max, he woke up twice in the night to feed and be changed.  Since I am nursing, I am the one that gets up with him.  About 5:30 a.m. Jarek wakes me up and says, "Is he already sleeping through the night?"  I guess he didn't hear all the little grunts Max was making when he got hungry.  Silly daddy!  Anyway, Jarek is always willing to get up and change Max and bring him to me to eat in the middle of the night if I request it.  I don't think we should ever go back to work.  This baby/new family stuff is way more entertaining and rewarding.

We have had a TON of visitors over the past week.  When I was pregnant, I was thinking that we would need some alone time to adjust to our new lives.  However, it has been so wonderful to share our little guy with our families and let the bonding begin.  We receive many texts, phone calls, and emails on a daily basis checking in on us and the baby.  We also have been provided with lots of yummy meals by nana (my mom) and grandma (Jarek's mom).  Dad brought us a webcam at the hospital so we can talk via Skype since he is far away in Florida.  I am sure he will be calling any day though to say he is moving back.  (There is nothing wrong with wishful thinking...right?)

Here are a few photos from week one.  Enjoy!

Favorite picture of the week!  This was taken by Aunt Katie right after he had his first bath.

Four generations- Nana, Great Aunt Barb, Great Grandma Reynold, Max, and me
So sweet!
Saying good-bye to Uncle Matt- He was able to be here for lots of time during Max's first week of life.  Needless to say Matt is a perfect uncle.  He assisted during the first bath, ran errands for us, bought us lots of diapers, vaccuumed the house, and loved our son.  Good memories for sure!

Just looking cute in his swaddle blanket.  These are a must have for all babies in my opinion.

Going to the doctor for the first time


 Mike and Paula-  I want to put your pictures on here, but you won't let me take any of you!!!!!  I know you started texting for me last week.  Now will you please start letting me take your photos?  ;)  Max needs some good memories!



 







 

No comments: