Saturday, January 8, 2011

I guess I'll give this a try...

Well, I have found myself bored enough to start a blog today!  I hope this makes my family and my friend Stacey happy.  :) I am not sure if I will be any good at keeping up with this, but I am willing to give it a shot.  I know I enjoy reading all of my friends' blogs and looking at their pictures. 

I am sure you all already know that we are expecting our first child in just 3 days.  I am nervously and excitedly counting down the days until Max gets here.  We are scheduled to be at the hospital by 8am on Tuesday to prepare for a c-section @ 10 am.  That means we will have a child in 82 hours. 

The good news is we are all ready.  Because of the hospital stay and bed rest that I have been dealing with for the last 8 weeks, I have had to rely heavily on my husband, family, and friends to help me prepare for this little guy.  It is unbelievable how much time and love people have shown me during this crazy time in life. Here is a little shout out to all of those who have been SO helpful.

Mom and Rod:  Thanks for helping with all of the car stuff!
Paula and Mike:  Thanks for all of the cleaning and laundry!
Dad:  Thanks for all the phone calls/texts/and getting a flight to be here for baby!
Matt and Katie:  Thanks for making the cool art for Max's nursery!
Dan:  Thanks for finding those awesome wall panels!
Zach: Thanks for bringing me whatever I (or Jarek) was craving.
Hilary, Brianna, Amy, Jenny:  Thanks for all of the phone calls and visits to keep me occupied!
Stacey:  Thanks for calming my nerves!
Jarek:  Thanks for doing all of the putting together of everything any time I asked.  You did everything I couldn't on my schedule so I could have peace of mind.  You are already a great husband and now you are a great dad, too. 

This stuff is just the tip of the iceberg.  I have had many meals brought to me or prepared for me.  I have had people shop for me.  I have had people clean and do laundry.  I have had so many visits, prayers, emails, phone calls, cards, gifts, and love.  It is really amazing.  This is the first time in my adult life that I have had to rely on others instead of just doing everything for myself.  It has been very humbling!  I am trying to learn how to be less controlling.  This was definitely a good shove in that direction for me.  I love all of you very much and am so thankful that you are a part of my life.  It is so good to know that Max is going to be loved by all of you, too!   We are truly blessed!

Stay tuned...baby pictures will be coming very soon!  I know that's what you all really want anyway!

No comments: