Saturday, January 29, 2011

Two Weeks Old

 Baby Max is another week older.  He is laying here with a toy from Uncle Zach.  We think his sock monkey is adorable, even though Zach realized it was a pet toy after he bought it!  He went ahead and removed the tag before giving it to Max, but fessed up once the cats took a high interest.  We think it might have cat nip inside.
Max is lots of fun to have around.  Jarek is still not working so we have had lots of time to hang out as a family.  It is great for me, because Jarek is so helpful.  He is always cleaning the house, changing a diaper, or doing the laundry and dishes.  I don't know how I got to be so lucky, but I am ever grateful for my amazing husband.  It is so hard to let someone know how much you appreciate them, but I really think he is incredible.
Max is still a good baby, but we had a few fussy days at the end of his 2nd week of life.  We think he has been hungry or having a growth spurt or both.  He hasn't gained all of his weight back from birth yet.  We are having to feed, then pump and supplement his feedings with an extra ounce or two of breast milk.  We stopped for a few days to see if he was gaining on his own yet, but he ended up losing an ounce.  We are now supplementing and pumping again.  We go back to the doctor on Monday to see what his weight gain has been.  He isn't fussing anymore so I know the extra food is helping. 

Aunt Amy is so crafty!  She made this matching hat and cocoon.  It fits Max perfectly!  I don't know who loves it more...Max or Jarek.  Everytime I turn around, Jarek has him wearing this.  I love it, too.  It keeps our winter baby warm.

We are working on tummy time to strengthen Max's core.  The doctor said he should do it for 5 minutes about 3 times a day.  He doesn't always enjoy it, but he didn't mind it here.  Doesn't he look tiny?

No comments: