Saturday, February 12, 2011

My baby can...

eat!
grunt!
pee!
lift his head!
smile!  :)))))
eat!
stare!
kick!
poop!
snore!  (just like his daddy)
eat!
sleep in his crib!
walk! 
cry!

Only one of the above listed is not true.  Can you guess which is a lie?  ;) 




Max turned one month old yesterday.  I am shocked how fast the time has flown by.  I had to stop and think about how much he has changed since birth.  He has definitely grown and gotten much stronger.  I think we are finally figuring out what some of his cries mean and how to fix them fast.  This is due mainly to starting a new schedule which is working out brilliantly so far.  Of course, we are on day 2, so time will tell if the Baby Whisperer really knows what she is talking about.  Yep, I read a book titled "The Baby Whisperer."  The good news is if her schedule ends up bombing I have about 5 other books with different theories to try out!  I am such a sucker for stuff like that!  Anyway, Max seems to be on a 2- 3 hour rotation of eat, play, sleep.  His awake time is much happier now that he is getting proper rest. 



We started him sleeping in his crib on Feb. 10.  (One day ahead of schedule!)  It was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.  Jarek said the day we came home from the hospital that we should have a goal of one month in our room and then on to his own bed.  I smiled and said sure, but what I was really thinking was I'll just deal with that issue later.  Then on Monday of this week I informed Jarek that there was no way he was leaving our room yet and we could discuss it again when it was time for me to go back to work.  Low and behold, after reading this book I changed my mind. 


The first few naps we put him down for resulted in about three rounds of crying then falling asleep.  The first night I had to try twice to rock him and put him down.  Last night, after feeding I just put him down and that was it.  I just put him down for his first nap of the day when he was fully awake.  I laid him down and left the room.  He cried.  I picked him up and patted him until he stopped and laid him down again.  (That only took about 3 seconds).  I left again.  He cried again.  I walked in and patted his stomach and said, "Shhhh."  He quit and fell asleep.  Now I know I am probably crazy to think that life will always be like that, but I will take one easy nap any day!  But I am imagining life lasting like this for the rest of infancy just for fun!



No comments: